BEHDINAN – In its written statement, HPG-BİM said, “As a result of the actions carried out by our forces from Botan to Zap and Metina; “9 invaders were punished, 1 invader was injured.”
HPG-BİM said, “At the same time, 1 position was destroyed. The invading Turkish army’s Resistance Areas; It bombed 7 times with banned bombs and chemical weapons, 8 times with warplanes, 6 times with attack helicopters and dozens of times with howitzers.”
Announcing that two guerrillas, codenamed Ezda and Mahir, were martyred in Cudi, HPG-BİM gave the following details regarding the guerrilla actions and the attacks of the invading Turkish state:
Within the framework of the Martyr Şervan – Martyr Diljîn Egîdên Botanê Revolutionary Campaign;
- Our forces carried out an effective action with individual and medium automatic weapons against the invaders in the vicinity of Serdehlê village in the Cûdî area on September 7, 2022. In the action that took place, many enemy soldiers were punished and injured. After the action, the enemy removed the corpses and the wounded of their punished soldiers from the area with helicopters.
- On September 7, 2022, intense clashes took place between the invaders and our forces on the slopes of Mistê Eli in the Cûdî area, and the area was heavily bombed. Our comrades Ezda and Mahir, who fought heroically until their last breath in the ongoing conflicts and bombardments, reached martyrdom. Our comrades Ezda and Mahir, who displayed an epic resistance in the Judi area where they lived for a long time, and took revenge for the massacres against our people and our country Kurdistan by carrying out actions against the enemy, will always continue to lead our struggle.
The identity information of our comrades who reached martyrdom is as follows:
|Code Name: Ezda Meşkan
Name Surname: Şehla Tekin
Place of Birth: Colemêrg
Mother – Father Name: Zehra – Mehmet Fehim
Date and Place of Martyrdom: 7 September 2022 / Cûdî
|Code Name: Mahir Başkale
Name Surname: Emrah Duman
Place of Birth: Wan
Mother – Father Name: Nezire – Remzi
Date and Place of Martyrdom: 7 September 2022 / Cûdî
Our comrade Ezda was born in the patriotic Meşkan village of the resistance city Gever. Many people joined the guerrilla ranks from her family, close circle and village, and she grew up in an environment that duly fulfilled his patriotic duties both as a family and as a village. For this reason, our comrade Ezda has also known the guerrilla since he was very young and was impressed by the historical resistance of the Kurdistan Freedom Guerrilla against the enemy. Again, she felt great anger at the genocide practices developed by the enemy against our people and believed that it was necessary to fight against the enemy. The more he got to know our Leader and read her ideas on women’s liberation, the more she was influenced by our Leadership and became inextricably linked. Although our comrade Ezda first wanted to join the guerrilla ranks in 2010 after the deep concentration she experienced, she could not join for some reasons. But she always managed to keep her passion for freedom alive and remained true to her purpose of joining the guerrilla. She decided to join the guerrilla ranks, especially after Comrade Sara (Sakine Cansız) was killed in desperation in 2013, and joined the guerrilla ranks on August 15, which attaches great importance to our people.
After joining the guerrilla ranks, our comrade Ezda, who received the training of new fighters in the Xakurkê area, quickly adapted to the mountain life, which she was not familiar with, and became integrated with the guerrilla. After empowering herself with the military and ideological training she received, she thought that should defend our people as a revolutionary against the attacks of ISIS gangs against our people. On this basis, our comrade Ezda, who went to the Maxmur-Kirkuk area, defended our people here and played a major role in defeating the gangs. Our comrade Ezda, who always sees herself as indebted to our people, wanted to be worthy of the efforts of our people by enlarging her struggle. During the fight against ISIS, she better analyzed the male-dominated mentality’s perspective on women and believed that this mentality should be defeated and a life based on women’s freedom should be established. It is aware of the fact that this requires further deepening in the Leadership philosophy and revealing free personalities. For this reason, our comrade Ezda trained herself more and deepened in the philosophy of Leadership and the principles of free women. Believing that as a YJA Star guerrilla, she should fulfill her pioneering role in the field of war as well, she moved to Bakure Kurdistan in 2016, when an intense war process was taking place against the genocidal Turkish state. Comrade Ezda, who went to Bakurê Kurdistan at a time when the enemy was developing massacres against our people and wanted to bring our movement to its knees, participated in the works with the awareness of the heavy and sacred responsibility he assumed. She spent every moment of her life concentrating on avenging our people and our comrades who were brutally murdered, and made the calculation of inflicting great blows on the enemy. Especially in the Self-Government Resistance, she made an intense effort to avenge the enemy’s attack on our people without observing any war rules. Our comrade Ezda, who was successful in these efforts, took part in many actions in the Botan area and successfully fulfilled his duty in inflicting heavy blows on the enemy. She has developed herself both ideologically and militarily in the Botan area, where she has been for about 6 years,
Our comrade Ezda, known for her honesty and devotion to her comrades in every work she took part in as a freelance commander, fought until her last breath and reached martyrdom in the successful action against the invading Turkish army in the Judi area on September 7, 2022.
Our comrade Mahir was born and grew up in a patriotic family in the Elbak district of Wan. Being brought up in a patriotic environment, our comrade Mahir got to know the Kurdistan Freedom Struggle and Leader Apo’s ideas from an early age. Our comrade, who witnessed the brutal assimilation, denial and destruction attacks carried out by the invading Turkish state against our oppressed people, has always been in search of struggle. Our comrade, who took the first step into the struggle by participating in youth activities, has put forth a great effort to raise awareness of the Kurdish youth, who are the future of our people and our people, and to direct them to the ranks of the struggle. Comrade Mahir, who led many Kurdish youth to join the resistance, was detained many times by the invading Turkish state.
Our comrade Mahir joined the guerrilla ranks in 2013 and showed the patriotic Kurdish youth the real line of resistance and victory. Our comrade, who is based on quickly integrating with the guerrilla life and putting what he has learned into practice, started his first guerrilla practice by moving to the Xakurkê area after the basic guerrilla training he received. Our comrade Mahir, who quickly became partners with his comrades in the line of militancy, came to the fore in a short time with his lively and willing participation and became a leading militant in life. Specializing in guerrilla tactics, he made great efforts to respond to the needs of the period. Our comrade Mahir, who reads the Leader’s Defenses and analyzes at every opportunity he finds to deepen in Leader Apo’s philosophy, is based on enriching what he has learned by sharing it with his comrades and developing his comrades as well. Our comrade, who went to the Maxmur and Kirkuk areas on the basis of protecting our people against the genocidal attacks developed by barbarian ISIS gangs, played a major role in defeating the fascist gangs. Comrade Mahir, who successfully fulfilled his duty by protecting our people from genocidal attacks, has returned to the free mountains of Kurdistan with his comrades. Our comrade, who has turned into a competent guerrilla commander with the great experience and experience he has gained, turned to Bakurê Kurdistan and went to our Botan area, one of the first centers of the guerrilla, where he always wanted to engage in guerrilla activities. Our comrade Mahir, who has been a guerrilla for a long time in the holy land of Botan, has waged a long-term struggle against the invaders. Our comrade Mahir, who organized and pioneered many actions, provided heavy blows to the invaders.
Our Comrade Mahir, who attaches great importance to the sacred bond of comradeship of the PKK and constantly strives to preserve and expand the values created with the blood of our martyrs, has worked tirelessly for the success of the PKK by participating in life and participating in the war we are fighting against the invaders. The legacy of struggle left behind by our comrade Mahir will enlighten us.
In the Zap region as part of the Bazên Zagrosê Revolutionary Campaign;
- On September 21, at 12:40, the invaders in the Martyr Adil Resistance Area in Çemço were shot by our mobile teams with heavy weapons and the 4 invaders were punished.
- On September 21, at 13:40 and 15:50, the invaders in the Martyr Adil Resistance Area in Çemço were shot by our mobile teams with an assassination tactic and 2 invaders were punished.
- On September 21, at 17:00, the invaders around the Martyr Agir battle positions in the Sîda Resistance Area were hit with heavy weapons.
Within the framework of the Cenga Xabûre Martyr War Maraş Revolutionary Campaign;
- On September 21, at 07:30, the invaders in the Girê Cûdî Resistance Area were shot down with heavy weapons after our YJA Star moving teams took control. While 2 invaders were punished in this action, 1 invader was injured and 1 position was destroyed.
- On September 21, at 20:00, the invaders in the Girê Cûdî Resistance Area were shot by our mobile teams with an assassination tactic and 1 invader was punished.
The attacks carried out by the invading Turkish army with banned bombs and chemical weapons;
- On 20 and 21 September, the battle positions in the Saca Resistance Area and the Martyr Serxwebûn battle positions in Çemço were bombed 5 times with banned bombs and explosives using drones.
- On September 21, the Martyr Agir battle positions in the Sîda Resistance Area were bombed once with a prohibited weapon.
- On September 21, at 12:00, the invaders poured a tar-like substance on the Martyr Bahoz battle positions of Çemço. This substance, flowing into the battle positions, reacted and started to burn after the battle positions were bombed.
Attacks by the invading Turkish army;
- On 20 and 21 September, the Golka area of Metîna and the Girê Hakkarî and Çemço Resistance Areas were bombed 8 times with warplanes.
- On September 21, Girê Hakkarî and Girê Cûdî Resistance Areas were bombed 6 times with attack helicopters.
- On September 21, Girê Hakkarî and Girê FM Resistance Areas were bombed dozens of times with howitzers.
- On September 21, drone activity was observed in Girê FM and Girê Cûdî Resistance Areas.”